Thank you for your interest in the life of Dr. Charles F. Stanley. Below, we have compiled assets for your reporting purposes. Below, you will find links to resources such as videos and photographs, as well as quick facts concerning Dr. Stanley’s life. We pray they will be helpful to you.
We appreciate your help in celebrating the life and legacy of our beloved pastor and founder. Should you require more assistance, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Charles Frazier Stanley Jr., born September 25, 1932, Dry Fork, Virginia
On Tuesday, April 18, 2023, In Touch Ministries announced that beloved pastor Dr. Charles Frazier Stanley had passed away at 7:30 a.m. that morning at age 90.
Charles F. “Charley” Stanley Sr., 1904–1933
Rebecca “Becca” Hardy Stanley, 1908–1992
Susie Cox, 1948
Charles Andrew “Andy” Stanley, 1958
Senior Pastor, North Point Community Church, Alpharetta, Georgia
Rebecca “Becky” Louise Stanley, 1961
Real Estate Agent, Allie Beth Allman & Associates, Dallas, Texas
1954: B.A. History, University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia
1957: B.A. Divinity, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
1968: Th.M., Luther Rice Seminary, Lithonia, Georgia
1971: Th.D., Luther Rice Seminary, Lithonia, Georgia
1957: Pastor, Fruitland Baptist Church, Hendersonville, North Carolina
1957: Homiletics, preaching, and evangelism professor, Fruitland Bible Institute, Hendersonville, North Carolina
1959: Pastor, First Baptist Church, Fairborn, Ohio
1962: Pastor, First Baptist Church, Miami, Florida
1966: Founder, George Mueller Christian School, Miami, Florida
1968: Pastor, First Baptist Church, Bartow, Florida
1969: Associate Pastor, First Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia
1971: Pastor, First Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia
1972: Host, “The Chapel Hour,” Atlanta, Georgia
1977: Founder and President, In Touch Ministries, Atlanta, Georgia
2020: Pastor Emeritus, First Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia
1947: Called to ministry at age 14
1956: Ordained in Baptist ministry at Moffett Memorial Baptist Church, Danville, Virginia
1978: Partnered with Christian Broadcasting Network to take In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley program nationwide
1979: Establishes In Touch magazine as a newsletter
1985–1986: Served two terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention
1988: National Religious Broadcasters Hall of Fame
1989: Clergyman of the Year, Religious Heritage of America
1993: Television Producer of the Year, National Religious Broadcasters
1999: Radio Program of the Year, National Religious Broadcasters
The mission of In Touch Ministries (ITM) is to lead people worldwide into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and to strengthen the local church.
The vision of In Touch Ministries is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people in every country of the world. It is our desire to do this as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible to the glory of God and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Dr. Stanley’s first program was called “The Chapel Hour.” His messages began airing in 1972 on Atlanta stations WXIA-TV 11 and WANX 46
- In Touch Ministries was named in 1977 and was incorporated as a separate non-profit entity in 1982.
- First radio station—KVMV-FM in McAllen, Texas—began to air In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley in 1980.
- In 1979, the In Touch magazine began as a newsletter. Today, the devotional magazine is sent to 1 million subscribers monthly.
- In Touch began expansion to international ministry in 1992.
- In Touch broadcasts the first Spanish-language radio program, En Contacto, on U.S. airwaves in 1994.
- In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley translated into its 100th language in 2006.
- According to Nielsen, the In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley broadcast reaches 115 million homes domestically.
- In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley is broadcast on more than 4,000 television, radio, and satellite networks and stations worldwide in more than 70 heart languages.
- The dedication of In Touch Studios was on June 18, 2014.
- More than 1 million Messenger devices have been distributed. The millionth Messenger was dedicated in March of 2019.
- Dr. Stanley’s sermons have been translated into 127 heart languages.
- Dr. Stanley has published more than 70 books, with more than 10 million sold.